Professor, Queensland University of Technology
Current Computational Thinking + Math Projects
- Modelling with data: Advancing STEM in the primary curriculum.
- 5th International STEM in Education Conference
- Accelerating the mathematics learning of low socio-economic status junior secondary students
- Developmental engineering education in the primary school
- Statistical Literacy in the Primary School: Beginning Inference
- Transforming Children’s Mathematical and Scientific Development: a Longitudinal Study
English LD, Kirshner D, (2016) Handbook of International Research in Mathematics Education (3rd edition), Taylor and Francis
English LD, (2016) Advancing mathematics education research within a STEM environment, Research in mathematics education in Australasia 2012-2015 p353-371
English LD, Gainsburg J, (2016) Problem solving in a 21st century mathematics curriculum, Handbook of international research in mathematics education [3rd edition] (100 Cases series) p313-335
English LD, Bergman Arleback J, Mousoulides N, (2016) Reflections on progress in mathematical modelling research, The second handbook of research on the psychology of mathematics education: The journey continues p383-413
English LD, Watson JM, (2016) Development of probabilistic understanding in fourth grade, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education p27-62
English LD, (2016) STEM education K-12: perspectives on integration, International Journal of STEM Education p1-8
English LD, (2014) Promoting statistical literacy through data modelling in the early school years, Probabilistic thinking: Presenting plural perspectives [Advances in Mathematics Education] p441-457
English LD, Mulligan J, (2013) Reconceptualizing early mathematics learning [Advances in Mathematics Education, Volume 8], Springer
English LD, (2013) Reconceptualizing statistical learning in the early years, Reconceptualizing early mathematics learning [Volume 5: Advances in Mathematics Education] p67-82
English LD, Hudson PB, Dawes LA, (2012) Engineering design processes in seventh-grade classrooms: bridging the engineering education gap, European Journal of Engineering Education p436-447.
- Discovery grant ($610,000) Modelling with data: Advancing STEM in the primary curriculum. 2015
- Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research, 2015
- The Career Research Medal, for “a long-term and active MERGA member who has made a sustained and distinguished contribution to research in mathematics education in Australasia and internationally.” 2012
- Founding editor (1997) of the international journal, Mathematical Thinking and Learning (Taylor & Francis).